Mick Terrill has vowed to deliver a hometown knockout when he headlines BKB 60 against Kamil Sokolowski at Utilita Arena Newcastle on October 10.
The North Shields heavyweight will lead BKB Bare Knuckle Boxing’s first event in Newcastle, returning to the same venue where he won the BKFC UK heavyweight title against Jay McFarlane in March. Terrill has now signed with BKB on a multi-fight deal and is focused on working his way toward the promotion’s heavyweight champion, Gustavo Trujillo.
“There’s nothing like fighting in front of my own people,” Terrill said. “Newcastle has seen me become a world champion once, in this very arena, and now I get to push closer to my world title shot once again wearing BKB colors.”
Terrill added: “Kamil’s tough and durable, but I’m going to give this crowd a knockout they’ll be talking about for years. Once I knock him out, I want my shot at Gustavo for the title. This will be a massive event against a solid opponent and guaranteed fireworks.”
Mick Terrill Returns Home to Headline BKB 60 at Utilita Arena Newcastle
The October 10 date gives Terrill a quick chance to make his case in BKB’s heavyweight division. The 42-year-old is listed at 11-2 with 10 knockouts by the promotion, while BKB’s June announcement credited him with a 10-2 record and 10 KO wins after his run as a former BKFC world heavyweight champion and reigning BKFC UK heavyweight champion. In his first BKB stint, Terrill won the heavyweight title at BKB 5 by stopping John Lewis, then made successful defenses against Hari Miles and Josh Burns.
Terrill’s path back to a BKB title fight goes through Sokolowski, a Poland-born heavyweight who is based in Devon and holds a 3-1 BKB record. Sokolowski has spent years as a durable test in gloved boxing and has shared the ring with Dillian Whyte, Martin Bakole, David Price, Lucas Browne, David Adeleye, Otto Wallin, Bakhodir Jalolov and Frazer Clarke. He also faced fellow BKB contender Mark O’Neil in a close contest.
The matchup carries a clear dynamic asTerrill gets the home arena, the title history and the stated goal of reaching Trujillo; Sokolowski enters with the chance to disrupt the plan. Sokolowski said he is not travelling to Newcastle to play a supporting role, promising to challenge the local favourite and prove he belongs among the leading heavyweights.
Mick Terrill targets Gustavo Trujillo after BKB 60 Newcastle main event is announced
Trujillo is the target behind Terrill’s callout. BKB announced Terrill’s signing by identifying the unbeaten Cuban as its heavyweight champion, with Terrill immediately naming him as the opponent he wanted. A decisive win over Sokolowski would give Terrill an argument for that shot, though BKB has not confirmed a title bout or named a mandatory challenger.
BKB 60 has another championship fight beneath the heavyweight main event. Rolando “Dy Incredible” Dy will defend the BKB super welterweight world title against Scott “The Mute” McHugh. Dy, who is 6-1 with five knockouts, took the belt from Liam Rees and then stopped former two-weight boxing world champion Paulie Malignaggi in his first defence. McHugh is a three-time world champion and Bare Knuckle Hall of Fame inductee with more than 20 professional bare-knuckle bouts.
Former IBF boxing champion Joseph “JoJo” Diaz Jr. is also scheduled to compete, along with unbeaten welterweight Adele Altamimi. Diaz won his BKB debut in July, while Altamimi is returning after a Fight of the Night outing at BKB 57 in Los Angeles and a knockout win in his London debut earlier this year.

